These LUW bulbs are long-life metal halide lights specifically developed for rainforest reptiles. At 70w power consumption, these bulbs will produce equivalent heat and superior UV output to most mercury vapour daylight bulbs twice their wattage, making them much more economical to run long term. Their life expectancy also exceeds typical daylight spotlights; they only need replacing every 18 months or so (compared to annually with most spotlights). Their powerful UV radiation will also penetrate much further into deep tanks (i.e. height exceeding 24″ / 60cm), providing full spectrum light to animals and plants on the tank floor from twice that height. In our experience, the initial outlay for the ballast required is quickly offset by savings in running costs, making this by far best product on the market to provide a basking source and general light for rainforest species such as Chameleons, Day Geckos (Phelsuma) and Iguanas in larger vivaria.
- The all-in-one solution: Provides light + UV + Heat for rainforest vivariums.
- All-day lighting with 4000 K for 10 – 12 h daily.
- Full-spectrum light with a colour rendering index (CRI) of 98.
- Requires a special electronic ballast (e.g. JBL TempSet LUW) suited to bulb wattage.
- Can be mounted inside or outside the vivarium, preferably with a reflector (e.g. JBL TempProtect)